The Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Program (GEAR UP) is federally funded by the Department of Education. GEAR UP at Highlands is provided by Harvest of Hope IV (HOH IV), one of the GEAR UP programs administered by Washington State University Tri-Cities.
GEAR UP provides services and support to all Class of 2022 and 2023 students to prepare for and succeed in high school, higher education, and their future. GEAR UP also provides professional development opportunities for teachers and staff to enhance their knowledge and work skills to assist students in pursuing and succeeding in higher education. The GEAR UP program offers activities and services to students and their families about the available opportunities for post-secondary education. Please contact the GEAR UP office at Highlands Middle School for more information about the programs and services.
- Before/In/After School Tutoring
- Career Exploration Tools
- Career Fair
- College & Career Planning
- College Awareness Field Trips
- College Planning Tools
- College Readiness Activities
- Community College & University Campus Visits
- Financial Literacy Programs
- Post-Secondary Information
- Summer Camps/Programs
Technology & Online Course Work
- GEAR UP will be conducting a summer school STEM camp June 20th – 29th starting at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at Highlands Middle School. This summer school STEM camp is for 7th and 8th grade students. They will be learning how to design and analyze data for creation of weather balloons as well as study various NASA Missions. Students will not need to bring any supplies for this STEM camp. Registration packets can be picked up at the office or by clicking the PDF File below. Forms can be dropped off at the office, faxed or emailed to Highlands Middle School. Registration for this camp is FREE!!!